QuickBooks error 15215 appears with the message that says “Unable to verify the digital signature.” It is one of the most common errors that mostly occurs when you try to update the QuickBooks software. You may not have a clear idea of this error that’s why we are here with this guide that has causes, symptoms, and troubleshooting. Make sure to read this guide thoroughly and learn what this error really means.
The error generally occurs when QuickBooks becomes unable to verify the digital signature. It indicates that there are some issues within the software that arise the error issue. It generally comes when the user is downloading the payroll updates. To troubleshoot this issue, we have to go through the causes. So, let’s just move ahead and learn why you see this error on your device.
There are plenty of reasons that make Quickbook error 15215 appear in your system.
- Setup of Microsoft Internet Explorer Inappropriately done.
- Another program is running and conflicting with the QuickBooks software.
- QuickBooks software gets corrupted because of some malicious program.
- At times, the files related to QuickBooks get corrupted, which causes this error.
- The files related to payroll get infected by ransomware or viruses.
Well, there are lots of ways through which you can identify this error issue. Have a look at them.
- Witnessing lots of issues while running the same program.
- Active programs and files get blocked.
- Some frequent freezes have been created on your device.
- The error text while appearing interrupts the working procedure.
- The system is running very poorly.
As the causes are huge, we have to prepare for troubleshooting which will root out these factors easily. So, just let’s move ahead and learn solutions to fix QuickBooks error #15215.
The first solution is rebooting the system. We have mentioned it on the top because many times updates leave in between when not saving them properly by rebooting or restarting your system. So, make sure to do it and fix this issue.
- To begin, shut your QuickBooks desktop.
- After that, access Internet Explorer.
- Move towards the Tools button now.
- Hit the Internet Options.
- You need to now move towards the Advanced tab.
- Make sure that you selected the Advanced Settings.
- Search for the options like Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2.
- Use TLS 1.0 must have a checkmark.
- Also, remove the checkmark from the other two.
- Press the OK button in this step.
- Next, you need to shut the Internet Explorer window too.
- Thereafter, just restart the system.
- If it is perfectly restarted, then try to access your QuickBooks desktop.
- After completing these steps, continue your downloading procedure of updates.
- First of all, shut your QuickBooks desktop.
- After that, access the Run window.
- If there are Windows 8.1, and 10 then hit Windows + R button together.
- For Windows 7, move towards the Start menu and choose All Programs.
- In the next step, click on the Accessories.
- Tap the Run button now.
- Windows 8 users can move towards the Start menu and choose Run.
- Put msconfig inside the Run window followed by hitting OK.
- You will see a new window named System Configuration Utility.
- Bring the checkmark on Selective Startup.
- The load startup box should be cleared as of now.
- Thereafter, press the OK button and save the recent changes made within the system.
- You can now restart the system now.
- Try to access the QuickBooks desktop now and download the latest tax table.
- The below steps will help you in doing so.
- Employees menu> Get Payroll Updates> Download Latest Update.
- When the updating procedure ends, just access your window named System Configuration Utility.
- Choose Normal Startup.
- You may want to save these changes now so click on OK.
- In the last step, you can restart the system.
- Make sure that you have opened the QuickBooks database server manager.
- Once done, look for its versions on the system.
- Make sure that you have noted down the port number.
- Use these numbers for QuickBooks firewall ports exceptions.
In case QuickBooks desktop is installed with other versions on the same computer then follow these steps:
- To begin, access the Windows Start menu.
- Now, add firewall port exceptions for QB.
- Move towards the search tab and enter Windows Firewall there.
- Try to open the windows firewall.
- Make sure to move your cursor towards the Advanced settings.
- Perform a right-click on the Inbound Rules.
- Once done with that, choose New Rule and thereafter choose Port.
- Hit the Next button now.
- Select the TCP followed by putting the ports for specific versions.
- Hit the Next button now.
- Choose Allow the connection tab and again hit Next.
- Try to tag all of your files if prompted.
- Give some names to the rules and click on Finish.
- Move towards the windows start menu.
- Enter windows firewall there followed by accessing it.
- Once done, just move the cursor towards the Advanced Settings.
- Perform a right-click on the Inbound rule and go to New Rule.
- After that, tap Program.
- Hit Next now.
- Consequently, choose the Program path.
- Also, hit the Browse button.
- You need to search for the location of the file now.
- Again hit Next.
- Put a mark on every file that you see followed by hitting Next.
- You need to build another rule and tap the Finish button.
- Consider these steps for Outbound rules too.
Step 3: Configure the Windows Firewall and Antivirus
- Lauch the windows defender security center in the first place.
- Once done, try to access the virus and threat protection.
- Make sure that you selected the tab named Add an exclusion.
- After that, select your folder.
- You need to bring Intuit folder as an exclusion in C drive.
- The last step for you to do is to press the OK button.
Step 4: Firewall Programs Configuration
- Intuit becomes unable to conduct the configuration when the multiple firewalls are utilized with two many versions. So, make sure to take some help from the publisher’s website
- Also, add QuickBooks firewall ports as an exception if different internet security tools get no support from Intuit.
Step 5: Use QuickBooks Firewall Port Extensions on Firewall
- Select the TCP.
- After that, fill in the ports number on the required field.
- Make sure to put the appropriate port number
- Add ports for every QuickBooks version if you have used any.
- Also, try to add executable files when there 64-bit operating system.
So, these are the quickest solutions that you can try to resolve QuickBooks error #15215. We hope that you like this article and resolve all of your queries about this error. However, if there are some queries still left to be unanswered then tell us in the comment below.